Wednesday, August 01, 2007
5 Important Songs
I got this from 42K: "This is the meme. Write about 5 or 10 (or so) songs that had an impact on your life, and tag five people to carry on."
Well, firstly, I am not going to tag anyone, but feel free to do it. Secondly, this isn't as easy as it looks. What does he mean my "impact"? Anyhoo, I picked 5 songs of importance, songs that seem to flavour my life (in no real order).
1)"What a Good Boy" (The Barenaked Ladies). This song means something very special between my husband and I, involving memories, experiences and plans, and so forth. He'll understand why it's on here, but I think I will leave it at that.
2)"G-d Save Ireland" (T.D. Sullivan). This song, though a bit more militaristic than I usually like to be, does inspire me. Sure I don't plan on dying on the gallows or the battlefield any time soon, but this song does help me when I lack courage.
3)"Farewell to Nova Scotia" (Traditional). A sweet bit of home, which always gets me in a deep place.
4) "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (Scorpions). OK, so by far the silliest entry, but one with good cause. This is my "pump song." I mentally sing this before every presentation I have to give. It makes me smile, distracts me, and generally makes me feel better. Ludicrous, but effective.
5) "At This Moment" (Billy Vera and the Beaters). I have no idea why I have decided to add this, but this song was the one playing when I was kissed for the first time. Somehow, it seemed like a fitting thing to kick off my romantic career.

2 comments:
Nicely done. Quite a mix of music there.
No song list like this is really complete without a Scorpions tune!
Post a Comment