Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Burning Up

Got a good dose of sun poisoning today. I am sure I mentioned it before, but I have a bit of an allergy to the sun - usually involving not just the normal burns, but also nausea, fatigue, headaches and sometimes blisters. It isn't pretty, nor is it comfortable.

Well, this afternoon, I think I overdid it a bit, so now I am paying the price. I am overheated and tired, and I had a skull-cracking headache that was pointing dangerously towards migraine territory. Luckily, I think I caught it in time, and a good night's sleep might set me to rights again. However, I am confining myself to my apartment tomorrow. I have learned the hard way not to push it - the second day in a row is usually what knocks me flat for a week.

Why isn't summer over?

2 comments:

running42k said...

You have to take it easy. What were you doing out in that heat anyways? I cycled home and must have lost a few pounds. It was hot.

H. said...

Can you believe all I was doing is running some errands downtown? That's all it took. Lordy, this heat!

Powered By Blogger