Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Doctor

Seeing a doctor for the first time today about the pregnancy, and I am out of mind with nerves. See, from what the baby books say, the first doctor's visit is completely filled with humiliations - of the get undressed, spread them and let anyone who is around stick things in places you'd rather not variety. Ghastly. More than the pain itself, I fear the degradation of pregnancy most of all.

I hate doctors and I hate public nudity - so this whole process will be a nightmare for me.

However, today I am only going to the WLU campus Health Services, who will refer me to a permanent doctor. Therefore, I am hoping they stick to just blood and urine tests to make sure I am pregnant, give me a name and number of my real doctor, and leave it at that. Surely, if I do get a permanent doctor, he or she will want to do all that crap all over again anyway, and, frankly, I would rather keep the horror to a minimum. So if the guys today try to get my clothes off, they better have a damn good reason.

Ugh. When exactly do pregnant women cease being human and become objects for display and emotionally devastating hazing? I have a cook-out to go to tonight, but I really can't say I will feel much like partying if my very soul feels soiled and degraded.

Man. I hate doctors.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger