Buffalo was everything it promised to be, with it getting off to a good start of grabbing Murph at the station with A., who stayed for lunch. It was so nice to finally get Murph acquainted with a few more of my friends from Ontario - at least this way they will start having proof he is real, and not some figment of my aging imagination.
And by aging, I mean it - it is now less than one year until my 30th birthday. Put like that, it leaves me a little speechless. Gone are the days of "mid-20s" folks, and soon even "late-20s" will follow. How did that happen?
However, my birthday was excellent. We had a good meal at a great Greek place we found in Buffalo, and generally just treated ourselves well and enjoyed being together. The next day, of course, was about 10 hours on a Greyhound to Ohio, which was less pleasant, but still ok -- we were together, so that made it grand in its way.
Now I am here for a week or so, enjoying some time with the hubby. I will try to get some work done starting tomorrow, but I still feel like I am recuperating from that exam. I do think that took a lot out of me. Here, though, the rule of thumb is sleep, strolls, movie watching, and general rest and relaxation with my favourite person.
Yesterday, I even learned a new wifely duty: I cut Murph's hair! What a brave man, considering I had never done more than buzz cut someone before. In the end, I think it turned out ok. And, if it is a bit homemade looking, at least he has a hat, right?
So all continues well in Hollyland, and I hope all is well out there. I will post some pics when I can.

1 comment:
Good to see that you still exist! Glad to hear that all is well.
Post a Comment