Thursday, May 10, 2007

Reality Check

OK.

It isn't 100% likely, but I could fail this exam. Honest - this isn't just false modesty. I have kind of screwed the pooch this term, and I would kind of deserve it if I did fail.

HOWEVER...

Worst come to worse, and I fail, I can re-write. Sure, it would be a crushing blow to the ego, set my degree back by about a term, and ruin some of my department's confidence in me.... But I could just work extra hard and win it back later, or at least some of it, and then just never fail anything ever again. They won't kick me out for it.

Failing a comp does not make me hopeless, doomed or a bad person. It just means I need to try harder.

It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.
It will not be the end of the world if I fail.
I will survive.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger