But I find now, likely due to the fact that men are almost constantly in hats (ball caps are awful, men, please stop) or hoodies these days, I can't for the life of me picture realistic male haircuts in my mind. This is not a serious problem, usually, except for the fact that I have this poor, generic picture of this friend, either bald (which would relieve a lot of my problem if it were accurate - maybe I should encourage him to shave?) or with completely fake looking hair.
I have even pin-pointed the general trends, plotting where film and TV have supplied data not offered by my eyes, based on other descriptors I have been given about the guy. Some examples:
1. "Blond" - He has the Luke Skywalker in my head.

2. "Dark haired" - He is suddenly sporting the Erik Estrada.

3. "Republican" - Nothing short of the Johnny Unitas will do.

4. "Democrat" - He gets his hair done at the same place as George Harrison.

5. "Trendy boy" - He is inevitably some variation on Meg Ryan.

6. "Square" - He is Stephen Harper.

This is not right. Will I have to go to cosmetology school just to solve this issue, or shall I just grow accustomed to, and accept, these Starsky and Hutch wigs of my imagination born from the crassest of profiling?
Or maybe I just need more sleep...

11 comments:
wow. that was a penetrating analysis of male hare typology! I'm thinking you might want to dedicate a chapter to that someday...
I think I land somewhere between luke skywalker and meg ryan. Boy is she getting old these days.
hair that is. I must have tortoise on the brain...
Hmm... I'm sure he just has the hair-style called "hair cut".
A.: You are right, you are somewhere between Skywalker and Meg Ryan, but we still love you anyway.
Also, this is what I know about male hares: I think they are called Bucks, enjoy carrots and like to spend time in holes.
And Murph: I DON'T KNOW THAT, DO I? Why? Because he is HIDING from me!
Until then, he is Luke Skywalker to me. Possibly, Conan O'Brien since what you said about that sketch of Catherine's.
Maybe that will induce him to post a photo...
I don't know if I can say he is actually trying to hide from you, Holly. I think it's more likely he doesn't have a picture of himself on his computer to upload onto his profile.
Of course, Luke Skywalker might not be to far off since the last time I saw him...
Really? Maybe the system DOES work, afterall.
And he is only hiding from me because he fears my awesome matchmaking abilities. As the last member of your little band of SuperFriendz unmarried (or un-engaged, in the case of John), I feel it is my duty to make sure his bachelor days are numbered, Skywalker-do or no.
Perhaps an old-timey Luke Skywalker?
Does he wear white PJs all the time and whine about not being able to go to Tasha Station to pick up those power converters he wanted?
I don't know about the PJ's, and as far as power converters are concerned, well, let's just say he's always tinkering with his car.
Has Uncle Lars promised him he can go to the Academy, but always next year, never this year?
Post a Comment