Thursday, February 01, 2007

Regrets and Annoyances, as Usual

You know, I only had one stinking glass of eggnog this past holiday season. Only one. And now the stuff is gone from store shelves for another year. Missed opportunities - I've seen my share.

Run errors - don't know what they are, but I wish they'd rot in hell. I paid $900 for this comp, and I know that does not spell top of the line to the execs, but that is a boatload of dough to me, so this thing better last until the end of my degree, or there will be one ever-lovin-large bag of flaming dog poop on Acer's doorstep, I can tell you that.

I bought it in late November 2006, and I graduate in summer 2009. That should not be too much to ask for, even for "modern technology." Yet, the mouse is already toast, so how far behind must the rest of it be? Am thinking of getting a webcam - likely the expense of one more accessory for this comp will spell its final doom. Such is the way of things in Hollyland.

Bah - Had to review 30 paper proposals for the AAR regional conference, and I had to do it in a hurry, too. Also, I had to record those quiz grades and get them ready to hand back out. Soon, I have to start re-vamping that U of Toronto conference paper I am presenting, and finish up some research work from last summer.

Weather is dipping down to -17 C (that is 1F for my Yank friends) later this week. Lord, the thought of doing anything seems beyond me right now. Why can't I just spend my evenings sacked out in front of a movie like all normal people this time of the year? Sure, there's no commute in my life, but I would really, really just like some (true and guilt-free) rest.

The expected late-February journey to Ohio can't come soon enough.
*

No comments:

Powered By Blogger