Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Agony


Tonsils so swollen, it feels like my throat is practically closed off. My neck is hot and puffy and red. Swallowing is some of the worse pain I have ever felt - even just swallowing nothing hurts like hell, but actually trying to swallow something is like how I would picture the reverse of giving birth. The pain of squeezing even a mouthful of water through an opening too swollen to accept it is not a nice pain.

All I can do is sit here and pant like a fish out of water, trying to get the air I need without aggravating the Cough. The Cough brings the fires of hell down on my head. My throat burns and bleeds with the Cough. Anything but that, dear lord.

This virus is a perfect predator. I would almost admire it if I didn't hate it with every fibre in my being. I think it is winning, before my eyes. Where has all our fancy evolutionary steps gotten us, eh? We may have the primacy of eyes close together on the front of our face, but what the hell is that compared to the virus kingdom's ability to drown us in our own chest pus?

All is doomed. I see the end now. And it is messy.

Help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we shouldn't have watched that movie Outbreak.

H. said...

I am a plague monkey.

:(

Powered By Blogger