Tanakh: The Jewish equivalent to the Bible. (Ummmm... excuse me?)
586bc: The year somebody took Jerusalem all the way to Babylon.
Clement of Rome: Wrote something important.
Gnosticism: Light is good. Dark bad.
Dioynius Exiguus: Wrote Christian calendar with Jesus' birth starting at 0 and ending at 30.
Paleography: Things always being found by Bedouins. (Assume student is getting the study confused with what the study studies, if that makes sense.)
70ce: The year all the zealots were revolting.
Mishnah: A Jewish holiday.
Talmud: An old Rabbi.
Vulgate: The opposite of Sacred. (That one is a thinker - take a moment.)
The Uncontested Letters of Paul: The Gospel of John
Nag Hamadi: Not the Dead Sea Scrolls, I think.
Clement of Rome: Jewish king at one time, but then pope, somehow.
Talmud: The Protestant Bible. (huh??)
Tanakh: The Jewish word for Hebrew.
Clement or Rome: Wrote letters while being executed.
70ce: The year the Jews were phased out by Christians. (hurumph!)
Marcion: The guy who said "knowledge is power." (Wasn't that School House Rock?)
Talmud: The Islamic Bible. (Whoah!)
Vulgate: The part of the Bible that the Christians kept.
The Uncontested Letters of Paul: Judges? (Question mark in answer.)
Talmud: The thing the Jews all live on.
Jamnia: Some place in the middle east.
Marcion: I think I missed that class.
Best Whine: "I don't think this test was fair at all, because I got here late and had no desks left, and had to write this on my lap."
The best part is: MY MARKING IS FINALLY DONE! The bad news is, of course, there's another test in two weeks.
Sigh.
*

2 comments:
Okay, okay. I admit it. I'm not well educated in religious studies, but I cringe at some of these. I'm glad to know the future is in such good hands.
I like to think this post has a chuckle for everyone - some are for hard core religious studies folks, maybe, but some are just weird no matter who you are.
I would like to point out that several students got really good marks, and had a series of totally correct (but, therefore, totally boring) answers. However, the wrongs ones make better posts.
Post a Comment