Woke up today to a surprize invite to the Faculty of Arts awards banquet. It seems someone you all know and love is this year's recipient of the George P. Grant Memorial Award for the best paper in Religion and Culture written last year. It seems that it will come with money, but no one knows how much. In any case, it means a fancy certificate suitable for framing, an awards dinner, and a new line on my CV.
The big boon, however, is that it was voted on by the entire faculty of my department, so it means... I'm gonna say it...
They like me, they really like me!
***
And, yes, for those keeping score on Canadian political history, ME of all people winning the George P. Grant memorial anything is pretty damned funny.
*

2 comments:
This has been a great week for you, Holly. You really are *fantastic*.
I have a special good luck charm these days, I guess.
Post a Comment