Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A-Strikin' We Will Go...

Spent the afternoon picketing McMaster University campus today. Aside from a bad case of sun overdose, it went well as possible, considering. This is not the Big Show yet, but a little taste for the administration. We may actually walk on the 18th, though.

To those who have never been on strike before, I can say nothing as I have never done so before, either. However, the demonstrations are creepy. To strike against your university is something akin to divorcing your parents. It feels wrong and uncomfortable, but the Mother Ship must have done something awful to have deserved it. This one has, so at least we have that on our side. Still, it's rather crappy.

On a personal note, I am well and actually very happy. Ran into an old friend yesterday, one that we didn't even know was living here (I love those kind of things), and I'm feeling pretty good. The heat is not nice, exactly, but the humidity isn't too bad and it's cool at night. At least it isn't a tropical storm!

Spatulas Rule!

2 comments:

LaTina said...

i'll take a tropical storm over a hurricane any day... looks like i'm getting both, though, whether i want them or not - dammit. not that anyone would ever want to be hit by a tropical system...

anyway, good luck with the strike thing.

H. said...

I hear things are getting hairy down your way. Stay safe, eh!

Powered By Blogger