.jpg)
Recently, I have been leafing through the archives of my life and marriage. Old photos, old blog posts, old emails, old files... painful pleasure, so acute I don't know which one wins out.
Tonight I turned around to ask Murph if he was ready to head to bed. But Murph is in Ohio. For that split second, I was so sure it was November again, and we were safe and happy in our own home. When I looked back and realized I was alone, reality caved in on me.
Right now, I would give anything to make that moment's error reality - to be able to look over my shoulder right now, take his hand, say "Time to turn in, love," and wrap myself in that bliss I miss so much. So many times we did this in November. Did we ever take it for granted? If so, I can promise I will never take it for granted again, once he is home.
Did you ever want to crawl into a memory and stay there forever?

5 comments:
I want to be there.
I'd give anything to be there right now.
Where ever you are, there is my home.
I look forward to the days when "November" lasts all year long, and then for years and years.
I love you, too, Scamp.
Post a Comment