Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Barrel, was, in fact, Rolled. Mightily.

So Catherine’s visit was three days’ long, and it was a wonderful break for me.

We mostly walked- to campus, from campus, to “uptown”, to the glass museum, to Sobey’s. Yes, it was a gay old time, complete with Rice-Bean-Corn enough for all.

I wish that I could have hidden from the realities of necessity and made it longer. However, she needed to get back to defend, and I had to get back to the yards of crap waiting for me on my to-do list. But we had a good time, and it allowed me to take stock of everything here.

I can do it. I’m smart enough, good enough, and, doggone it, people like me. That was my assessment after the mini vacation Catherine inspired in me.

I’m gonna make it, after all. (Toss beret here).

Catherine- whatever you are up to- you did me a world of good.
Best wishes for Ottawa.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger