OK. Am seeing things with more clarity than before. Dissertation write up for grant money applications is really starting to speak to me. You know what inspired the detail?? Last night, we rented The Hebrew Hammer (2004), and its crude and clever satire on Jewish culture (and the way Jewish culture is seen from the outside) threw everything into sharp focus. I can see my way again. Yay!
Also, some other thoughts have come to light:
- When a man at the video store has your credit card number, and then, a week after you returned Life Aquatic, he asks the question: “Hey- do you still have Life Aquatic?” THAT is the worst question in your life at that moment.
- Sometimes reading for sense or methods, and not detail, is where efficiency lies. I really don’t give a wood chuck’s left nut about Laotian Buddhist immigration statistics to the Greater Toronto Area for the past thirty years. Thus, I refuse to pretend I do. Take that world!
- Sometimes, when you’re feeling low and there’s no where to turn to, you just have to help Bill Cosby lure strangers into his cave with pudding and then beat them senseless with your Kodak camera. There’s just no other choice.
Well, that’s all I know today on The Path of Holly- the way I am learning how to be Zen about this whole PhD thing. You too can be on The Path of Holly. Just send me $1, and the deed to your house. It’s that simple.
Or, alternatively, you can read this blog for free… However, the deed would prove you’re serious about this.
Oh, and it is acceptable from my end to be a member of the Church of Catherine as well as on The Path of Holly. However, the CC is known for its orthodoxy, so they might not be so cool about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment