Thursday, August 05, 2010

Whaddaya Got?

Got an email from the grad people today telling me that I have been cleared to graduate my program, so they are confused on why I have not applied to graduate, supplying me with a helpful link to do so online.

I calmly emailed them back saying that I still owed the university money, so I could not apply to graduate. I think they were a little taken aback at my apparent willingness to toss the whole degree (which is now finished) due to a relatively small balance on my account.

I informed them that if I could pay it in time to graduate in October, I would, but if not, maybe for next June's convocation, if I can. If not then, oh well. (I didn't add that last part, but I think it was implied.)

Now I am sure some of them are questioning the soundness of my wits, but, frankly, I could care less about some worthless piece of paper that will never net me a job. I certainly don't care enough about it to go without groceries, so tough titty, folks.

I know I completed the PhD. That's enough for me. Since I will just have to take it off my CV to get customer service work, I fail to see the value of the actual scroll.

So, whatever. If they care so much about convocating me, they can waive the fees.

1 comment:

running42k said...

Perhaps they were taken back by someone actually being honest.

Powered By Blogger