Friday, September 26, 2008

thin times

The government took away my child allowance check because I am married to someone not in Canada who didn't have to file taxes and cannot prove his income, even though I support the baby and myself alone.

So they are now hounding me for the one month's worth they did give me - $277. $277 means NOTHING to the government - one less dinner for some fat-assed senator on the road. To me, it may as well be $5,000, as I am barely making ends meet.

Actually, I am not even making ends meet, really, as I owe $3000 tuition, with no way to pay it. I am facing being kicked out of school very soon, which really takes a bite out of my drive to work on the dissertation, I must admit. Why have half of it done when they kick me out?

It's skinny times right now, and I am starting to feel a bit treed by the wolves. What really pisses me off is that my own government is one of those wolves. Harper is f*cking Prince John, and I am left to either move to Sherwood Forest or just get the hell out of this country. There is little option left to me.

The social safety net is an illusion, people. Don't believe it. Canada will let people starve just as quickly as any other country, and my eyes are finally opened to just how cruddy this place is.

The only problem is, all places are cruddy.

There's no where left to turn.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger