Stuck on campus, waiting to go to hear a Holocaust survivor talk tonight. Really, though, when you are already bummed out, the prospect of such an event is kind of less than appealing. With luck, I'll get home tonight without throwing myself under a bus.
Things aren't too bad, really - but campus by yourself is hell. Groups of giggling tarts and guffawing jocks have a way of sucking the sparkle out of life, and WLU has an abundance of both varieties of chuckle-heads. The exam I was proctoring finished an hour early (screwing me out of $11); now I am stuck waiting until 7.30 with little purpose, so I can go and hear a talk that, although interesting (surely), is also likely to make my mood plummet even further.
There better be ice cream and something bright for me to watch when I get home... Otherwise, I think I feel a crying jag coming on.

1 comment:
I can still remember with great clarity when a holocaust survivor talked to my university history class. Chilling.
Post a Comment