Sunday, May 31, 2009

ROP is a POS

I hate, hate, hate, HATE the new Rogers Online Protection. Like, with the heat of a thousand undying suns. LOATHE it. My life is pretty much 70% more stressful now that Rogers has booted Norton in favour of this crawling, elephantine monstrosity.

The virus scan tried to run the other day, and it locked up my comp so badly I had to leave the house while it did its thing. TWO HOURS LATER: TEN PERCENT SCANNED!!! The "Spyware Scan"... FIVE HOURS LATER: NINE PERCENT SCANNED!!! WTF!?!?! Also, it refuses to do these scans at the times I have scheduled, but decides to do them, oh, whenever - actually, usually when I am most busy.

ARGH.

Riddle me this: What is the point of aggressively thorough scans if I can/will never run them because they take too long? Give me quick and shallow, Rogers, just like life itself.

ARGH.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger