Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Babies, Babies Everywhere!

Is it just me, or does it seem like we are in the middle of another baby boom? I personally know one couple who just had one, and two more who are due in March. In net-land, there seems to be dozens - with about 40% of my Facebook friends list in breeding mode. Even a boatload of celebs are getting in the game. What the heck is going on?

Now, it might be that I didn't notice all this before I, myself, got pregnant, but I don't think so. I think it's a full-on invasion of the screaming, pooping people in footie-jammies. Not that I should mind, but it makes for some pretty boring friends - babies don't just invade time and space, but also everyones' minds. Let's just hope the wave passes soon enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eventually, all them babies will grow up and take over the world!

LaTina said...

i know what you mean. a couple i know with a 1-year-old just found out that they're having another one already, and i know at least 10 people who have either had babies in the past year or so or are expecting in the next few months. and then, you know, there's me.

H. said...

I guess it's the age we are at - weddings a few years ago, babies now. I guess in a few decades it'll be grandbabies, and then a life composed mostly of checking the obits for friends. Such is the circle of life.

Powered By Blogger