Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Was Never One for Convention, Anyhow

What will these two faces, combined, look like?

Back home, they have this tradition in which one waits at least three months before going public with a pregnancy. This waiting period is to make sure the pregnancy is viable, and to ensure privacy for the family in case of tragedy, as well as to allow them time to adjust amongst themselves. However, my life has been spilled out all over this blog, and, frankly, if I (G-d forbid) miscarry I would rather be able to blog it out rather than hide it...

So, without further ado, I am pleased to announce Murph and I are about 5 weeks pregnant, and should expect a little bundle of eating, screaming, and pooping joy around about next February.

Now, let's just hope Canada Immigrations delivers a little package of hubby joy on my doorstop well before then (we are hoping by Christmas).

I am feeling well and chipper, have given up smoking (which I did a month ago due to financial needs) and caffeine, and am eating a well-balanced vegetarian fetus-building diet. I am slightly seasick every once in a while, but nothing serious, and I am really quite pleased (though a bit scared around the edges).

Murph and I are seriously shopping for female baby names (the boy option is covered), so feel free to suggest. The leading contenders are Zophia and Abigail, I believe.

There. Let the comments congrats start pouring in.

8 comments:

H. said...

I know you have been dying to blog about it, too, fella, so have at it!

jamon said...

Wow, a baby eh? Large congratulations. Now the fun starts ;)

And Abligal is my favourite, for what it's worth.

running42k said...

Excellent news. I hope this isn't how murph found out.

LaTina said...

aww! congratulations! so my baby will be about 4 weeks older than yours... something else to connect us in the blogging world...

i was really freaked at first about telling everyone as soon as i found out in case of miscarriage, but i couldn't wait to tell people. plus, the chances of miscarriage are only around 15%, lower if you're healthy and young and don't do anything that could hurt the baby.

H. said...

My mum had a miscarriage before me, but I think she was also helping my dad work in the saw mill at the time. Grad school life is pretty cushy in comparison. I feel pretty strong.

And thank you for the congrats.

And, no, Murph found out when I did - he was on the phone timing me while I watched the little line turn into a plus sign.

:-D

Amanda said...

I prefer Abigail in a way, except that I already know a kid who is about 3 or 4 named Abigail too. But perhaps that is simply proof that it is a good name, if it appears elsewhere.

What would the boy's name be? Charlie? Groucho? John M. Murphy II or III or however that roman numeralizing goes?

H. said...

Thank you.

:-D

Catherine said...

Wahey! Sorry for the wahey delay, but I say damn my broken computer!

I guess I shouldn't swear "around" you now, eh, since you're expecting? I have to start saying "sugar!" (my Mum's lame-o curse word) or "horseradish!" (which was my father's).

Powered By Blogger