Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Take That!


Reading is actually going extraordinarily well today. Stuff is actually getting into my brain, sticking, and, on top of all that, firing my brain. Could it be that the brain-fog is finally lifting on the coast lines of my synapses? Finally?? It's about time, as comp exam reading for the past month was most likely to result in a nap, rather than any real work getting done. It was starting to freak me out, so I am pleased. I may actually survive this exam!


Today, I am finishing up some methodological groundwork via Pals' terrific Eight Theories of Religion (2006), as well as issues involving feminism, with Darlene Juschka's Feminism in the Study of Religion (2001), and, making full use of my suddenly ambidextrous brain, Jose Casanova's fairly comprehensible (what a welcome change from some of these books!) book, Public Religions in the Modern World (1994).

I see the light at the end of the tunnel! It may not last, but any glimmer of academic hope is a welcome change these days.
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever found it ironic that we students complain about having to sit around reading books all day, when if left to our own nefarious devices, we would probably just sit around reading books all day?

Glad to hear that the comp readings are going well. Just keep rockin' like a hurricane, and you'll kick ass on the exam.

H. said...

Yeah, if given my chance, I would sit around and read... however, never would I choose Many Petals or Capps to snuggle up with, I assure you.

Powered By Blogger